DIPLO (MENTAL) DECLUTTER ♖ Can’t sleep!
I can’t sleep and it’s mainly because my brain is whirling with all the stuff I have to do for tomorrow. Too. Much. Thinking/Worrying. I find it helps to write it all down, knowing that I can go back to my list tomorrow and not forget about anything. Here goes…Image: Lifehack
- Create an appliance notebook (instruction manuals, purchase receipts, maintenance and repair receipts, and warranty information) - I was inspired by unclutterer.com. I’d like to thank Jenny for suggesting this to me on FB. Divine for any OC housewife like me! Must get myself a new binder at Mujifor this! This has opened a Pandora’s box for me – imagine what other notebooks I can do!
- Important Documents Notebook (Birth, marriage, medical, certificates, original and photocopies of important documents, extra ID pictures, etc.)
- Household Notebook (important numbers, cleaning & chores instructions, washing instructions, reminders, delivery)
- Pet Notebook (vaccines, meds, grooming, food)
- Organize my recipe notebook – I have a binder & tabs already but now have a more concrete plan after seeing an entry on this in unclutterer.com. I also like the idea of printing a conversion table (i.e. cups to tablespoons)
- Chicken Entrees
- Seafood Entrees
- Pork Entrees
- Beef Entrees
- Am I forgetting anything else?
- Do weekly schedule for household work based on The Maid Manual by Good Housekeeping Philippines
- Print out & discuss napkin folding techniques with the maid
- Finalize my shopping list for sewing – gotta check all clothing items that need repair. Right now off the top of my head:
- Threads: black, white & cream
- Cloth: white (2 pillow cases), cream (2 pillow cases), printed silk (scarf & 2 house dresses)
- Measure the bedside table drawers & top closet space so I know the size of organizers I need to buy from Muji & Ace hardware
- Buy bread from the convenience store – I knew I should have bought the shortening at the grocery a while ago! I could have just made my own bread.
- Plan menu for the week based on the remaining items in the ref & cupboard. – I really have to do advance menu planning & (based on this) a more exact grocery list on Excel (just like my best friend J). Will explore Recipe Manager Excel tool too. It might help.
- Figure out how to use the new dog nail clippers and attempt cutting the dogs nails myself. Ack.
Okay time to concentrate on the World Cup Argentina – Mexico match! Then hopefully off to sleep!