STEAL ✄ DEAL: Vinoti Living 12 Year Anniversary Sale
I’ve been a bit worried about my living area because I noticed that all the elements are rectangular or square. One thing I learned from my interior designers K+M while decorating our flat in Manila is that I can’t have too many square/rectangular elements in an area. I have to balance it out with round elements. Click here to see how we balanced out our Manila dining room (which was full of straight lines) with a round capiz drop lamp.
My new table lamp!
So I put a hold on any purchases for our Jakarta home and have been wracking my brain on what round elements to add in. Then it hit me! I think we are finally ready for a proper lamp in place of the IKEA one we have – which is, again, rectangular in shape. (See below)
I was so lucky that TD told me yesterday that VINOTI LIVING, one of my favorite places to shop for home decor, is having a 12th Anniversary Sale! EVERYTHING (Yes you heard me!) is on 12% SALE. Plus if you follow VINOTI LIVING on Facebook or Twitter you get an additional 10% off on the already discounted price! WOW!
Among all their lamps I found The Perfect One. It had white shades (I am always drawn to whites!) and a clear glass body. Perfect! We have a small apartment so I love using glass and clear decor because it gives the illusion of space, whereas opaque items take up space. This lamp is much bigger than the old one, but by using clear glass it doesn’t seem to be crowding the room (this was my initial worry).
What do you think? Here are the before and after pics! Please ignore the Christmas decor in the first pic. =P
The lamp was initially Rp 669,000 less 12%, then less 10% more because I followed them on Twitter.
The only problem was the one on display was a bit dirty and had a few stains and it was the last piece. I asked the manager if he could give me an additional discount because I would have to have new shade made sometime soon. And the manager said yes! YAAAAAY! He took off another 15% off. I got the lamp at Rp 448,000! (44.8 USD est.) Not bad at all since it’s a nice lamp (love the base!). *Note: the cheapest table lamp I’ve found is from Ace Hardware at Rp 375,000 but the quality is not as nice.
- Glass vases which is absurdly expensive here in Jakarta. A $2 vase in Manila would cost $10 – 15 here. In Vinoti when they go on sale it is so much more reasonable than Carrefour and Hero.
- They have the best fake flowers in town. Seriously. When I buy flowers from them, I see people touching the flowers just to check if they are real. Isn’t that awesome? You can bring your vase and they will arrange it for you. Love it.
- Art. They have modern art that is simple yet reflects Indonesian culture.
When I asked them until when their sale was, they said they didn’t know. So if you wanna check it out, I suggest you do so this weekend.
✪ Update: Click here to check out the flowers I bought from Vinoti the next day.
- Plaza Senayan Level 3 No. 351A, Jl. Asia Afrika, Jakarta 10270
- Ph. (62 21) 572 5168, (62 21) 573 0918
- Fax (62 21) 572 5167
- Email: email@example.com
Kemang Club Villas
- Kemang Club Villas, Jl. Kemang Selatan 1
- Ph. (62 21) 7179 1727, (62 21) 718 3574
- Fax (62 21) 7179 1639
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org