Farewell Reception for the Japanese Ambassador
Last Saturday we were invited to the farewell reception for the Japanese Ambassador at Hotel Nikko. I was excited to see our DiploFriends after being away for the holidays AND because it was the perfect occasion to use my new Kimono-inspired top from Tyler Philippines. =P
Any Manila fashionista will tell you that Tyler is a must for elegant one-of-a-kind pieces. They have new stock every Tuesday and Thursday, and each unique design only comes in a few pieces. Since 2001 Tyler has developed a cult following with clients coming weekly to the store to get their coveted designs. I love their dresses and tops which always have a dramatic detail that makes a statement to anyone who sees it – whether you are at the office, in a bar or at a party. I always watch out for Tyler sales and was lucky that they were on post-Christmas sale before we left for Manila.
This clutch (Php 2199) from SM Kultura (OMG Filipiniana heaven!!). I love that it can go from receptions to nights out. Double purpose = more bang for buck. For tourists and expats in the Philippines who love Philippine craft, decor and fashion items (even food!), SM Kultura is a MUST and can be found all over the islands (link to complete list of locations below).
The clutch also has an optional chain for the shoulders, which is perfect for DiploReceptions which is usually cocktail set-up. Meaning, I must be able to eat and drink using both hands while standing, just in case we don’t spot a cocktail table.
This is us with DiploFriends, enjoying the Japanese food (fresh sushi & tempura!) and sake while catching up & enjoying the karaoke performances. I wish I had asked for the sake brand because usually I’m not a fan, but the one they served was really good.
Another thing I love about DiploParties is seeing fashion from different countries. Though this event stated batik as the attire, I also saw kimonos and weaves of various origins. It’s all so fascinating!
- What I love about it is the personalized shopping experience. Remember the items on display are not the only items they have. The Tyler staff are always so well-spoken and mannered. They will ask you what you are looking for and bring out pieces for you to try until you find the perfect one. Awesome service every single time I go to their store. I always watch out for their sales!
- R1 of Power Plant Mall in Rockwell Center
- Level 2 of EDSA Shangri-La Mall
- second floor of Glorietta 4
- Adora Department Store in Greenbelt 5
- For more information, email email@example.com.
- Filipiniana items at unbeatable prices! I love Kultura.
- Makati Annex, 2nd Floor, SM Annex Building, Barangay San Lorenzo, Ayala Center, Makati City
- Tel.# : 892 – 1027
Tel/Fax # : 892 – 1024
- Click here for more store locations