The Truffle Salt we got from Truffles and More has given us immense pleasure the past few weeks that we’ve been back in Jakarta. So I’d like to share with you the simple ways it has made our simple food a more luxurious treat! We’ve used it in so many ways that I wanna em so I’m doing a TRUFFLE ❤ series! Pictures of how I whipped up a super quick snack before heading to the supermarket after the jump!
1. Scramble eggs the way you like them. I don’t like mine runny so they may look dry for you guys who like em like that – but it’s perfect for me. I sprayed some olive oil in a non-stick pan (Yay not oily!), in went 2 eggs, pushed the eggs around the pan, added only very little salt and a dash of pepper.
2. Lay out crackers and pile scrambled eggs on top
3. Using a spoon, drizzle Truffle Oil. Use sparingly. Very little goes a long way
4. Sprinkle Truffle Salt to taste
5. Garnish with cilantro (I think next time I’ll use the stems instead of the leaves, but TD prefers Parsley leaves) which gives it a fresh taste.
V0ila! Super quick and super cute snack. =)
TD enjoyed it so much that the next day he was craving for more Truffled Eggs for breakfast. This time I prepared the egg in exactly the same way, except that
- I piled them on a piece of toasted sesame bread (Love!)
- drizzled on the Truffle Oil and sprinkled on the Truffle Salt
- Sandwich with another piece of toasted sesame bread.
- *Note: No herbs this time but it’s still super awesome!
So sorry if this is too simple, but I just wanted to share with you the photos that TD took and how much we enjoyed something that was so quick to make! We both agree that Truffled Scrambled eggs is the best way to make scrambled eggs. Don’t you love it when the simplest things are the yummiest just because of the quality ingredients that you use? Minimum effort with maximum effect.