JAKARTA FINDS ✽ Bargain hunter’s heaven INACRAFT FAIR
To excite you about the upcoming INACRAFT FAIR 2012, I’m writing about my finds at the INACRAFT FAIR 2011 which is the most massive fair in Jakarta I’ve ever attended – even more massive than anything I’ve seen in the Philippines even! (And I attend a lot of these!) We went for 2 days yet we didn’t even get to explore the entire thing. It was THAT massive!
Each Rp 50,000/ USD 5 (Orig: Rp 60,000)
- Producd by CV. Mendong K Craft (MEKA work of art)
- Factory: Jl. RTA. Prawira Adiningrat No. 23, RT 02, RW 01. Desa Kamulyan Manonjaya, Tasikmalaya 46197, West Java, Indonesia
- Phone/fax: +62 265 380991
- NOTE: Be wary of this supplier because though the boxes are lovely, I realized after using it that there were mites inside because a fine powder would form under the box. My furniture maker Danni had to burn it because if I gave it away to charity, the mites might also transfer to their books, clothes and other wooden objects in their homes. (Sad coz I even came up with cute labels for these boxes – click here to see)
- Oh no I cannot seem to find the supplier details for awesome clock! All I remember is that this shop has it’s showroom at Sarina building in Jakarta Pusat. The cool thing about it is you can reposition it depending on how you like it by changing the location of the support. This is made of solid teak. It was also the cheapest clock I ever bought in Jakarta (for some reason they are very expensive) at IDR 160,000.
- Produced by Jamilah Accessories (Retail & Wholesale)
- Shop: ITC KUNINGAN
- Lt. 2 Blok B4 No. 3A, Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio Jakarta Selatan
- 0878 8886 0500
- 0812 36237998
- Workshop: Bukit Nusa Indah Country Estate
- Jl. Kayu Putih Kav. 1268 Serua Ciputat, Tangeran Selatan
- 021 7463 5644
- Produced by Christe Jewelry, Designer handmade jewelry by Gaby
- +62 816161 7443
- ChrsteJewelry ByGaby on Facebook
- Produced by Kriya Letik (accessories/printing material/promo items/maskot)
- Jl. Maleo 15 JE 1 No. 12, Sektor 9, Bintaro Jaya
- Telefax: 021 745 6640
- Contact: Leny L
- 0816 – 188 3955
- Kriya Letik on Facebook
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get the name of the maker of this ring and this fossilized stone pendant. Sorry couldn’t write most of the prices because many of them are gifts. I like buying gifts at these fairs because I find so many more interesting stuff than the mall and at more reasonable prices.
Not pictured is the tatami mat (2.5m x 2m) we got for only Rp 270,000 or USD 27. The matt is for placing under the mattress incase my family visits and we might need to bust out an airbed. =P
The INACRAFT 2012 is coming up on April 25-29, 2012. 10 am – 9 pm at the Jakarta Convention Center (JCC), Jakarta Indonesia. Many of the popular shops that cater to expats join and sell their items at discounted prices especially for the the INACRAFT. Some give discount vouchers so you can visit their store & get a big discount on regular items. It’s really so interesting to see all the many things they produce in Indonesia, which you would normally not find here because these items are for export. It’s also a great place for exporters to find suppliers!
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME ON