RESTO RAVE ❤ Pho Hoa Vietnamese Noodle Soup
When I went back to Manila one of the things that we were looking forward to was eating at Pho Hoa. We miss Vietnamese food in Jakarta, and although there is good ol’ Vietopia, it’s not the same. There are no pork spring rolls and other porky-goodness haha! So while in Manila we sustained ourselves with the Pho Hoa food nearby. It felt good eating cheap and healthy.
Yummy phở bò beef noodle soup, sprinkled with fresh basil, cilantro and bean sprouts (hold the lemon please!)
Our Vietnamese friends always tell us how southern Vietnamese food (i.e. Ho Chi Minh) is sweeter than the northern Vietnamese (i.e. Hanoi). Naturally TD and I are drawn to the sweeter Vietnamese food – hence we love the Pho Hoa franchise. And we love pouring in that Hoisin sauce. If you don’t know yet, Filipinos have a massive sweet tooths and are garlic addicts .
According to Vietnamese cookbook author, Andrea Nguyen, ”as you move south the sauce gets sweeter, hotter, and more garlicky.”
Deep fried spring rolls (Cho Gio) with accompanying lettuce leaves, cucumber, vermicelli noodles and (my absolute favorite) nuoc cham sauce – which is heavenly sweet-salty-tangy Vietnamese dipping sauce! This for me is the best way to eat fried spring rolls because despite being fried it still tastes fresh.
1) place fried spring roll on a piece of lettuce 2) add cucumber and vermicelli 3) rollup and 4) dip into the nuoc cham = YUMMY!!!
Another thing worth ordering in Pho Hoa (we are obviously pork-starved in Jakarta) is the grilled pork with fried rice and more spring rolls. Dip in more nuoc cham and mix with that delicious rice. It’s a flavor party in your mouth of smokey-sweet-tangy-salty….just SO YUM!
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME ON
- Ground Floor Jupiter Place, 136-138 Jupiter St., Bel-Aire, Makati, Metro Manila
- 277 Tomas Marato, Toledo Building 8, Quezon City, Manila
- Concepcion Street, Uper G/F SM City Mall, Manila
- Paseo De Roxas, G/F Greenbelt Square Mall, Makati City
- SM North EDSA, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- F1 Eastwood City, Citiwalk C-5, Libis, Quezon City
- EDSA Mandaluyong, G/F SM Mega Mall
- 11 New Entertainment Complex, Alabang Town Court
- 2L Sm Bicutan, Taguig, Pque
- 204 GP Wilson Street, Addition San Juan
- Metro Walk, Meraldo Ave. Ortigas Center, Guenzon City