I got requests for this recipe when I posted a photo on my Instagram so here I am posting it! This is a great healthy spread option. You can use it instead of butter for bread. I first discovered this at Chelsea Restaurant in Serendra Highstreet and TD really enjoys it when I make it. The best thing about it is how simple and healthy it is!
- A head of Garlic (or as many as you need if you are hosting a dinner)
- Sea salt – I like to use big chunks of sea salt like this Italian brand so it doesn’t disappear
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Peel the outer layers to expose the cloves
- Chope of the tops of the cloves to expose the garlic inside
- Place inside a foil
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and oil
- Generously sprinkle with salt (don’t use the mill or grinder, just place as is)
- Wrap up with foil
- Place inside a toaster oven, making sure that none of the foil touches the top and bottom heating elements (this is for safety reasons)
- Remove after about 30 minutes or when the garlic is soft when pressed with a spoon
- Unwrap carefully once the foil cools down and place in small bowls for easy handling. The garlic should be easy to remove with a knife.
- Spread on warm toasted bread. You can drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top, before having a bite!
WHEN MAKING SEVERAL PIECES
Another option, if you are making several pieces (which I read here) is after steps # 1 & 2 is to place the garlic heads inside muffin/cupcake tins. Then do steps # 4 & 5 and cover the tops with foils, and place inside an oven that was preheated at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is the perfect thing to serve with bread, if you are sick of the boring old EVOO & Balsamic Vinegar dip. You can also drizzle more EVOO & balsamic on top – makes for a fabulous (but easy) appetizer with dinner guests.
This is heaven for garlic-addicts like me and TD. I hope you enjoy this recipe too!
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME ON