After 3 years of blogging, I think it’s high time I updated this page. A lot has happened in the past 4 years of living in Jakarta!
I’d still like to keep my very first “About Me” write up below. It’s always good to see how far you’ve come and be thankful for everything you’ve experienced and learned. After 4 years, I feel like I’m finally getting to know Jakarta. I’ve learned a lot of patience and some Bahasa Indonesia along the way! I’ve become a homebody in Indonesia and (a massive difference from being out all day and night in the Philippines). Our apartment in Jakarta is my first home with my husband, as we were newly married when we moved here. This is where I learned who I am without my job and what I love to do. This is where I learned to…
… among many other things! I also got to travel around Asia and see a little bit more of the world. Another big adventure is up next and I can’t wait to share it with you!
ABOUT ME March 2010
- DiploDog Anticipating his treat!
Formerly a young marketing professional in the rat race, I am a new wife, married to a diplomat…no kids yet (we’re still practicing on our dog).
Join me as I try to be a diplomat’s wife the best way I know how – by consulting the internet/lots of books and being OC (Obsessive Compulsive)! From Marketing campaigns and visual merchandising displays I am now cooking, baking desserts, learning how to sew and all sorts of crafts, writing, taking photos, travelling, attempting yoga, decorating, designing furniture, attending parties/lunches/receptions/playdates (thanks to my mommy friends who still invite me even if I don’t have kids yet!), taking care of our dog, watching loads of TV, supporting Filipino football and La Roja, and keeping in touch with friends around the world. Things that I’ve always wanted to do but never had the time to when I was working (I was a workaholic!).
I’ll be sharing with you all my wonderful discoveries and learnings as I go along trying out new things and going to new places! I hope you find my posts useful and informative, or entertaining at the very least! =)
My favorite things right now:
- DiploDog (the softest pillow ever!)
- Fresh strawberries and salt
- Chocolate: Royce Nama Bitter
- Aksara Bookstore (my guilty pleasure here in Jakarta. When I am stressed I go there – browsing through books is so therapeutic!)
- My Macbook, iPhone and Blackberry (I’m an addict!)
Songs that help me wake up in the a.m.:
- Mouth Merril Bainbridge
- Kung Fu Fighting KC & The Sunshine Band
- For Your Entertainment Adam Lambert
- Party In The USA Miley Cyrus (I know, I know! I used to or rather still find her annoying, but this song rocks my mornings)
TV shows I ❤:
- Being Human UK
- Modern Family
- Better with You
- How I Met Your Mother Barney: all-time fave TV character
- Cougar Town Courtney Cox comeback!
- Community Hilarious group of deadbeats
- Gossip Girl Fashion-candy and Nate Archibald!
- 30 Rock Tina Fey & Alec Baldwin - ’nuff said.
Movies I ❤:
- Great Expectations
- Step into Liquid
- No-brainer-laughtrip movies
- Action movies that make we wanna be a boy (ex. 300)